As you well know, it doesn’t take long to see the vacation rental homes in Florida booked from January – May pretty quickly. We are already booking into spring 2022!
We also think it is worth pointing out that, contrary to some opinions, one shouldn’t overlooking planning a vacation during some of the really nice times to visit Florida. That would be September – December!
Yes, spring and summer can be over-rated especially when there are things you can easily take advantage of in the fall. Here are just a few we believe are worth mentioning!
Yes – airfare prices to Florida start to go down in September and easily the best month to save on your ticket is November. Our vacation rental is great for fall getaways. Remember Friday and Sunday are always the most expensive days of the week to fly.
NO ROARING CROWDS
Just imagine – you have little ones and you have to stand in line for almost an hour just for one ride at an amusement park. Well not so in the fall. You can visit Tropical Breeze Funpark or SunSplash Waterpark without those long lines. If you want to drive to Disney World you would probably find the same thing. Restaurants, galleries and shopping are all much more fun without crowds of people. Florida in the fall can be enjoyable, peaceful and yes – romantic.
ART – YES ART!
There are hundreds of art galleries you can visit and some of the best are located in SW Florida. If you can’t get to an art gallery at least be sure to take in a few sunsets – some of the best art that nature has to offer. It is so worth taking to the beach with a chair (or on our boat) to watch some of the most amazing colors fill the sky. Sanibel Island, Captiva, Naples and Pensacola are especially noteworthy. Naples is known for being serene and quiet. Here are a few of the galleries in the area or within a short drive.
- Bob Rauschenberg Gallery – Fort Myers
- East West Fine Art – Naples
- Arts for Act Gallery – Fort Myer
- Iona Art Gallery – Fort Myers
- Harbour View Gallery – Cape Coral (guests of Cape Coral Home Away receive a discount)
- Native Visions Galleries – Naples
CAPE CORAL IS CLOSE TO EVERYTHING!
Fort Meyers and Sanibel Island have many activities of their own – plus it is a really short drive to either. But you are close to several great areas. Naples has fabulous beaches, restaurants and wine tastings and is only two hours away. The Naples Pier has great music and other things going on all of the time. Day trips are super easy from Cape Coral – Tampa, Orlando, Daytona Beach, Miami, the Everglades. Nothing is too far away from Cape Coral.
There are a few events worth mentioning that are annual and popular for locals.
- Oktoberfest – one of Fort Myers biggest events. The event goes on for days with lots of great food, vendors, activities for kids and music straight from Germany. 2021 Dates to be announced.
- The Great American Sand Sculpting Championship November 19-28, 2021 at Fort Myers Beach.
- Cape Coral Bike Night is the second Saturday in October. This popular events draws more than 12,000 people each year. The quality vendors, motorcycle gear and clothing will grab your attention and everyone in the family is sure to enjoy the great food and live music.
Try Cape Coral in the fall. The pool is perfect and everything is easy to get to. Take the boat to the beach, to the restaurants, to the Tiki Bar! And once you get there – you may just have something all to yourself! Ok – almost all to yourself.
www.capecoralhomeaway.com The Vacation with a Boat