Finding the right spots to have fun while visiting Cape Coral and the surrounding area isn’t hard to do. You are within a short drive to some of the finest golf courses, waterways, beaches and restaurants on the southwest side of Florida.
Cape Coral is famous for their waterways. Beating Venice, Italy – there are more than 400 miles to be navigated – some saltwater and some fresh water. You can fish in the waterways (and even fish off the dock of Cape Coral Home Away). Some of the saltwater fishes found in the canals include snook, black drum, sheepshead, snappers, and spotted seatrout. Freshwater fishes of Cape Coral include bass, crappie, and several species of sunfish. There are rumors that you can even catch tarpon at certain times. We have a few fishing poles and gear ready for you!
Cape Coral Home Away offers a pontoon boat with our vacation rental. This gives our guests the chance to get out and explore the area. It is relaxing to boat slowly through the canals or head out to the locks and into the Gulf. Go for a swim at Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel Island.
There are several great day trips from Cape Coral. The east coast of Florida is only 3 hours away.
- The Florida Panther Refuge
- Marco Island.
- Sanibel Island
- Bonita Springs
- Everglades National Park
Here is a list of some of our recommendations and don’t miss links below to see other destinations.
Restaurants recommended by the owner:
- Lobster Lady – 1715 Cape Coral Parkway
- Ceno Grille – 1715 Cape Coral Parkway
- Overtime Pizzeria and Sports Pub – 1708 Cape Coral Parkway
- Iguana Mia – 1027 Cape Coral Pkwy E, Cape Coral
Restaurants recommended by the owner that are accessible by boat:
- Rumrunners – 5848 Cape Harbour Drive (located in Cape Harbor)
- Cape Harbour Oyster Bar and Grill – 5785 Cape Harbour Drive (located in Cape Harbour)
- Fathom’s – 5785 Cape Harbour Drive (located in Cape Harbor Pincher’s)
- The Westin – 5951 Silver King Blvd. (located in Tarpon Point)
- The Boathouse – 5819 Driftwood Parkway (Located in the Cape Coral Yacht Club)
Places we Recommend for Fun!
In Cape Coral:
- Cape Harbour Restaurants and Shops – 5789 Cape Harbour Drive
- Coral Oaks Public Golf Club – 1800 NW 28th Ave
- Palmetto-Pine Country Club – 1940 SW 9th Ct
- Rotary Park Environmental Center – 5505 Rose Garden Rd
- Sun Splash Family Waterpark400 Santa Barbara Blvd
- Tropical Breeze Fun Park 234 Santa Barbara Blvd
Sanibel (15.5 miles):
- Bowman’s Beach – 1700 Bowmans Beach Rd, Sanibel, FL 33957
- Causeway Islands Park – 19931 Sanibel Causeway, Sanibel, FL 33957
- Dunes Golf and Tennis Club – 949 Sand Castle Rd
- Sanibel Lighthouse – 112 Periwinkle Way
- Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens – 845 E Gulf Dr
- Sanibel Island Golf Club – 1100 Par View Dr, Sanibel
- Sanibel Outlets – 20350 Summerlin Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33908
In Fort Meyers (10 miles away)
- Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall 13350 FSW Pkwy.
- Bell Tower Shops 13499 S Cleveland Ave #161
- Bowditch Point Park – 50 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach
- Centennial Park – 2000 W First St.
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates 2350 McGregor Blvd
- Fishing Pier Fort Myers Beach – 10 Old San Carlos Blvd
- Fort Meyers Beach/Times Square 1133 Estero Blvd #4
- Jungle Golf Ft. Myers – 17710 San Carlos Blvd
- Lovers Key State Park – 8700 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach
- Port Sanibel Marina 14341 Port Comfort Rd, Fort Myers
Captiva Island – Shelling, Fishing, Snorkeling
Cape Coral offers something for all ages. Along with great weather and a beautiful vacation home this area has the makings of a great vacation. We hope you will book with us!